Heading to SAVOR on Friday night? Check out DC’s craft breweries on Saturday. The map shows a suggested itinerary. Obviously, you will need a DD or Uber.
- DC Brau Brewery – open 12-4 pm (food trucks usually available)
- Home of On the Wings of Armageddon (#174th best beer in the world).
- Chocolate City Brewery– open 12:30-4:30 pm (no food)
- A nanobrewery located in the same building where stones were produced for use in DC’s Basilica.
- Atlas Brew Works– open 1 pm – 4 pm (no food)
- Keep an eye out for this up-and-coming production brewery.
- 3 Stars Brewing– open 1 pm – 5 pm (food trucks usually available)
- A nice variety of unique and complex beers with an excellent homebrew shop inside.
- Right Proper Brewing– open 11:30 am – 12 am (brewpub with full menu)
- Great foods; Good sessionable beers.
- Capitol City Brewing Co. – open 11 am – 1 am (brewpub with full menu)
- Boasts multiple award-winning beers.
- Bluejacket Brewery– open 4 pm – 1 am (brewpub with full menu)
- Owned and operated by the people behind the excellent beer bar, ChurchKey.
* Pro tip – make a reservation ahead of time at BlueJacket, or you WILL have to wait a while for a table or even a spot at the bar.
Still thirsty? Check out these Northern Virginia gems:
- Port City Brewing Co. (food trucks usually available)
- Try the Porter, it’s amazing. Cleaning up at GABF recently.
- Mad Fox Brewing Co. (brewpub with full menu)
- Great food, great beer.
- Heavy Seas Alehouse(brewpub with full menu)
- An extension of the Baltimore-based brewery.